- Faculty and Staff
- 20150730 Grade Change and Scrubs
- 20170216 #HUSON125
- 20170224 Pinning & Recognition Ceremony Fact Sheet
- 20170314 Clinical Clearance Information and Deadline
- 20170324 Freddye T. Davy Honors College Induction
- 20170324 Sigma Theta Tau International - Delta Iota Chapter Induction Ceremony
- 20170619 Accreditation Status Update
- 20170817 100% Pass Rate for May 2017 HUSON BS Graduates
- Student Resources
- Contact Us
Melissa M. Gomes, Ph.D., R.N., FNAP, is an Associate Professor at Hampton University School of Nursing.
A dedicated clinician and researcher, she has been able to offer her progressive track record of empowerment strategies that have been useful in promoting compliance to mental health treatment. Notably, her research and clinical work have focused on at-risk youth disproportionally affected by negative environmental factors (i.e., high ACE scores, frequent school suspensions, living in high risk environments). Recognizing the impact mental health has on youth developmental outcomes, she utilized her research training and clinical experience to provide the strategic vision to found The Ethos Leadership Project (Ethos), LLC, a community-based mental health organization. Ethos is on the forefront of translational practice through the development of a crisis stabilization program for youth in active crisis. She also founded Transitions Empowerment Associates; a nurse owned and operated outpatient mental health practice serving a wide patient population with mental health needs. She is a graduate of Howard University, University of Pennsylvania, Hampton University and University of Virginia Schools of Nursing.