- First baccalaureate (and oldest continuous) nursing program in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- First Master's and PhD program initiated at a Historically Black College or University (HBCU).
- The Undergraduate programs includes:
- a Traditional BS program offered through the main campus
- An Accelerated BS and LPN to BS program offered through the College of Virginia Beach and
- A RN to BS program which is available online
- The Master of Science degree program is offered for the roles of nursing education, administration, and nurse practitioner with specialties in family, pediatric and women's health.
- The Doctor of Philosophy degree in nursing is offered with a focus on family and family-related research with a nurse educator track and is available online.