- Contact Info / Hours of Operation
- Clinical Clearance Information and Deadlines
- Dress Code Policy
- Uniform Information
- Additional Resources
The clinical laboratory enhances students' learning by simulating the healthcare environment. The overall mission is to facilitate students' transition into a challenging healthcare industry.
|Main Campus||COVB Campus|
Dr. Hilda Williamson
|Mrs. Robin Ward
Interim Chairperson, Undergraduate Department
Mrs. Terry Wright
|William Freeman Hall, 2nd Floor, RM 211
Fall/Spring/Summer Hours: M-F, 8AM-5PM
253 Town Center Drive, Suite 1035
Prior to beginning any courses that include a clinical rotation in both the undergraduate and graduate level, certain requirements must be completed. You are required to register online with CastleBranch to submit all necessary documents. The student will incur the cost for Clinical Clearance. Make sure your Clinical Clearance is completed annually by the set due date. If you fail to adhere to the set deadline, please know that you will be administratively dropped from your clinical courses. There will be no exceptions!
CastleBranch is a secure platform that allows you to order your background check, drug test, and medical document manager online. Once you have placed your order, you may use your login to access additional features, including document storage, portfolio builders, and reference tools. CastleBranch also allows you to upload any additional documents required by your school.
- Please go to the following website portal.castlebranch.com/HF60 and choose the package code that applies to you. N.B. If this is your first time choose NEW. If you are a continuing student choose CONT.
- Nursing May 1 | AP62new and AP62cont
- Nursing-Virginia Beach July 1 | AO48new and AO48cont
- Nursing-Masters September 1 | HL47new and HL48cont
The dress code for the Clinical Laboratory reinforces the clinical practice requirements of the healthcare environment, enhances student learning, promotes professional development, and reflects the Hampton University School of Nursing (SON) clinical agency dress code. During scheduled lab sessions and skill validation assessments in the Clinical Skills lab, students are required to wear their school uniform. Please note that when students are in their school uniform, they must comply with all elements of the dress code as outlined in Hampton University SON Student Handbook. When students are told they are not required to wear their school uniform, students have the option of dressing in appropriate attire with a lab jacket. Scrub outfits may also be worn.
During open lab, students may wear appropriate classroom attire with a lab jacket. Students are prohibited from wearing the following items while in the Clinical Skills Lab:
- Facial jewelry
- Dangling earrings
- Hair on the collar or below
- Tongue rings
- Tops that expose the midriff and/or cleavage
- Visible tattoos
- Open-toed shoes
- Headgear (except to fulfill religious or cultural commitments. The wearing of headgear requires approval from the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs.)
- Leggings without coverage to mid-thigh
Students MUST display a Hampton University identification name tag at all times.
Uniforms for clinical are to be ordered from Dove Apparel.
- For online orders please go to http://www.doveapparel.com/
- Once you are on the Dove website select "Buy Student Apparel", and the program code is HAMPU15.
- Dove Professional Apparel's Quick Reference Guide
- American Heart Association
- HeartLights CPR
- Maria Holmes, MSN-Ed, RN | Certified BLS instructor, American Heart Association | (757) 719-2003
- Eric Hercules | Certified BLS instructor, American Heart Association | (757) 814-3528
HealthMap Vaccine Finder - HealthMap Vaccine Finder is a free, online service where users can search for locations that offer immunizations. We work with partners such as clinics, pharmacies, and health departments to provide accurate and up-to-date information about vaccination services. Our goal is to make it simple for users to find a place to be immunized.